Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Aisle decorations

Our ceremony site is going to be very simple. It's on a driving range. We will have white chairs and that's probably it. I don't know even think we'll have an altar. I don't think we will need one with the gorgeous view of the Sandia Mountains behind us.


Greg and I decided a while ago what we would do for aisle decorations. Simple buckets with flowers in them hanging off the chairs. I was thinking black pails with white flowers.

However, now that I've decided to DIY the centerpieces and bouquets, I don't know if I want to take this on too. So I started looking at other ideas that are "flowerless".



These are pomanders are made with silk flowers. I like the looks of these and the fact that we can do them ahead of time, but I'm personally not a fan of silk flowers and I definitely will not be making real ones.


But I love the look of pomanders....and I could just see beautiful white flowers with black ribbon. And I just found out we CAN use rose petals to line the aisle.


When I first saw this picture I wasn't too sure about it, but then I realized that I could just use the concept of chair sashes. So if you imagine no starfish or raffia and picture black sashes instead of the blue, I think this could work. Simple black sashes on the end chairs and white rose petals lining either side of the aisle might not took too shabby, plus it would be pretty easy.



4 comments:

  1. i like all the DIY you're doing! that'd be really pretty with the bows. my cousin actually got these paper "puff balls" (we called them) and i can send you some pics - those could help spice things up a little bit?
    we are getting married in a church so can't do petals unless we want to sweep them up afterwards, can you imagine! no thanks!
    we are doing canning jars with football mums and hydrangeas to line every other aisle (check out my blog for the flowers we're using) - i don't really care too much about decorating the ceremony as much as the reception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the decorating....I feel like I just want it to be simple for the ceremony and more decorated for the reception.
    I would love to see the "puff balls" my email is: lrwedd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceremony on a driving Range? GENIUS! We're not doing anything for the ceremony (church)either. I might do something on the 1st few aisles but that's it. think I know the "puffballs" jacin's talking about too - kind like the Martha Stewart tissue Pomanders. I thought about that for the aisle too. Or chinese lanterns unlit maybe?

    ReplyDelete