We bought our house over a year ago. These two pics show what the front yard looked like...blah....dead grass, tiny shrubs, random rose bushes.
We really didn't know what we were going to do with the landscaping. Last year we went to Nick's Garden Center and showed a guy some pictures of the front....the ones at the top. He gave us some examples of plants to use.
Dwarf Colorado Blue Spruce
Magic Carpet Spirea
English Lavender
Pomegranate Yarrow
I estimated that it was going to cost us about 400 bucks to landscape just the front, based on what the guy had recommended. We kept putting it off, not wanting to spend the money......then one day at Home Depot in the dead heat of August everything was on sale! The blue spruce that cost $169 at the garden center was on sale for $39.99, the magic carpets that were normally $45, were $19! I couldn't believe it! I was giddy......but I was also nervous about planting brand new plants in the heat of summer. We planted everything and watered it regularly....and what do you know it all came back!!! I am amazed at how much everything has grown.
Greg and his dad put in a sprinkler system to both the front and back yards. They set it up so that we would could set up a drip system really easily. Greg set that up a few weeks ago. You can see how the shrubs came back!
We put those step stones last year as well.
These pics were taken in April of this year. We got a coupon in the mail from Holland Bulb Farms and we got $25 worth of jumbo yellow tulips. They actually came up! They were really pretty, but only lasted about two weeks.
Every week or so I go to the local garden shop and look at perennials to plant. Hopefully by mid summer the plants will be even more impressive!





No comments:
Post a Comment