Friday, March 12, 2010

Cuff Links

I've decided to make cuff links for our groomsmen as part of their gifts. I've made lots jewelry for my sister and friends and myself, but I've never made cuff links. I scoured Etsy to find inspiration.




I like the personalization that you could do with this type of cuff link, but I was a little anxious to make them with the resin like I saw in this blog.





I really love the idea of doing them with each person's initials, but I wasn't sure I wanted to take on the task of figuring out how to stamp them, etc. I like DIY, but I also don't want to waste my time and money on something that won't look great.



Now I think these would be very easy to make, but a little less formal than what I was thinking.




I like these because they will be very easy and classy. Although I lose the personalization with these, I think these will be a "do-able" DIY.
I ordered the supplies from my favorite jewelry shop Fire Mountain Gems. They have a great deal on shipping, you can stuff the box and the shipping is $5. I'll post updates and pics when the supplies come in.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm lovin' those lego ones... my FI is having his childhood friends as his GMs and they were in this lego robotics competition, that might be the perfect ones for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, those lego ones are too cute! And I really like the last set, like you said, they're classy. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete