Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fine China? Or not?

Greg and I registered a few months back at Bed Bath & Beyond. The main thing I wanted was a new set of pots and pans. Well for Christmas that is what my dad got me! Yay! But, now I needed to update our registry.

I've been going back and forth on whether or not we NEED fine china. Of course we don't NEED fine china. It wasn't even a question at the beginning....until I saw these....by Kate Spade.


As you probably know I love black and white. And these are perfect and I LOVE them! But at $24 for 1 plate I just don't think they are necessary. I wish they weren't so expensive OR so lovely. Oh, and I would probably cry if I chipped one. The other great thing about Kate Spade's black and white collection is the mixing and matching.






Oh my gosh! How lovely is that little sugar bowl that I don't see us using and would be over 3 hours of work to pay for!

***

I'm thinking now about registering for some serving-ware and new plates, etc. I figure at some point we will probably have a holiday or two at our place and it would be nice to have something other than a crappy mug to put gravy in, etc. Plus, matching stuff isn't a terrible thing!



As I was perusing Macy's I found good ole' Martha Stewart! These are way cheaper! I'm not quite sure if I love them quite like I love Kate's, but I'm on my way to a more reasonable option. There aren't too many options for serving-ware that I like so I might just stick with plain white for those. Or I may just scrap the whole black and white thing and go for all white. THEN I could just buy different table cloths to dress them up!



3 comments:

  1. Those are all so pretty. We chose not to go with fine china because we knew itwould just collect dust,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those! I am an advocate of fine china. It may not be something we use a ton right now, but I see it as an investment we will enjoy later on. Worst case, it can be something you pass on to your children someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so you know I am a nerd, but I love fine china (I currently have two sets). Having said that, I only use the one that I really love (yeah the Paris one), and it makes me so happy when I do. I feel l ike I am living in someone else's extravagant life... even when we are just eating macaroni and cheese (which is what we ate the last time I broke it out... Gavin gave me a hard time for that one, but it was mac and cheese with gruyere, so at least it wasnt craft). maddi cannot eat on it, but it makes you feel so fun. Not only that, btu I know I can pass this along, because now a days things are not made to last. Most of the stuff we have will break in a few years. This stuff Maddi can say, my mom used to serve me mac and cheese on that and dad would have a cow when I am 80 years old... okay so I am a sentimental fool, but why not be a sentimental fool. It is a wedding after all. Anyway, I think the Kate spade looks just like you- chels

    ReplyDelete