Friday, June 4, 2010

Dress Alterations...

SO before you get your hopes up...I will not be showing a picture of my dress until after the wedding. It's got to be a surprise right!?

But I can tell you about how I got my dress. I went to different bridal shops all over Denver and Albuquerque and really couldn't find anything I HAD to have. I think I tried on like 60 dresses. I knew I finally would find a dress I loved once my mom came along and that is what happened. However, dear mother picked out a very expensive, totally over budget gorgeous dress.......

So I started to look online for used dresses and almost bought one that I didn't love.....but then I checked ebay and found MY dress, new with tags, for 65% off the price the bridal shop wanted.....one problem.....the dress is a size 10.....and I'm like a 6.....hmmmm........

But I bought it! And since I bought it, I have been having nightmares about it not fitting, or the seamstress telling me she won't be able to size it down enough, or that it will cost just as much as the original to get it altered.


So today I went to The Wedding Seamstress here in Denver and she put my mind at ease. Not only can she fix my dress, but she can do it for about what I was hoping to pay. She told me she does 900 weddings a year and that they now have a waiting list, so I am so glad I got in when I did.

Huge dress crisis averted!

2 comments:

  1. It will be beautiful, and so will you. Sounds like you picked out a well- accomplished lady,s o that should help. Cannot wait to see pics. Wish I could see it in person, but this darn bun in the oven says no flying in september... just kidding i am excited- chels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow......i had no idea you went through that much!

    ReplyDelete