Thursday, March 18, 2010

DIY: Cufflinks

Yesterday I made a few sets of cufflinks as part of the gifts for our groomsmen. They were actually very easy! I bought the cuff links and chessboard Swarovski flat backs and glue from Fire Mountain Gems. I love this website!


I cut some holes in a box and stuck the cufflink backs in to hold them steady. I used G-S Hypo Cement glue and put a thin layer on the flat back. This glue comes with a very fine point so it is very easy to keep the glue under control.


I then placed the Chessboard crystal on top of the glue. The tricky part was lining the crystal up perfectly. The backing measured 12mm across and the crystal was also 12mm. It took a bit of playing around to make sure the crystal was centered perfectly. I did not want any of the backing showing around the crystal. Then I just allowed them to dry overnight.


And Voila! Cufflinks in under 20 minutes! It's all about getting all the supplies you need!



I think these are going to look great with the groomsmen's white french cuff shirts!


1 comment: