Friday, April 16, 2010

I don't really want to do a guestbook...

because I think it'll be a waste of money and get stashed in bookshelf to never be seen again. I love art and things to hang on the wall so I've been debating a few different ideas for the "guestbook"

***

In my many hours of scouring the web I ran across the Quaker Marriage Certificate. No, I'm not a Quaker, but I like this idea.


The "vows" are written on the certificate, along with the bride and groom names and the date. Then everyone who attends the wedding ceremony signs the bottom as witnesses. Of course I would need to update it a little to make it more modern-looking. I found this a while ago on the web also.

I just think this would be a very nice thing to get framed and hang in our home. I like this second one for its simplicity. I bet I could DIY this on the computer and get it printed at Kinkos and then paint-by-numbers the decorations, etc.

***
The second idea I found on Weddingbee

It's the new last name spelled out in pictures and then matted. Then your guests just sign all over the mat. I like the idea of the new last name and the photos.

3 comments:

  1. I love the marriage certificate for witnesses to sign! cool find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on doing a Quaker marriage certificate (and I'm not Quaker either). Though I like the second idea you posted too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The certificate is a really cool idea. I'm using the photo book that I found at Papyrus. Its the cutest thing and I know i'll be leafing through it every few months or so.

    BTW I found your blog and i'm your newest follower. Please feel free to visit my blog and follow if you like.

    ReplyDelete