Friday, July 2, 2010

Groomsmen Newsletter

So yes! I sent our groomsmen an email that explicitly states what they need to get and what they don't need to get. I thought pictures were appropriate. Did I do this with my bridesmaids? No. Why might you ask did I do this for our groomsmen? Well for a few reasons.
1. My brother is in the bridal party and I see him asking me at the rehearsal dinner what he was supposed to wear.
2. Since we aren't doing the commonly used rented tux I thought our boys might get confused. 3. One of our groomsmen was in another wedding a few months ago and he was frantically searching for suspenders the night before the wedding.
4. THEY ARE BOYS....did I really need the other reasons?



I sent it out a few days ago and a couple of the groomsmen were happy I think to finally get some sort of communication from us about the wedding. I made the email months ago but was afraid I would change my mind about what I was having them wear.

I don't know if this makes me a control freak (which I never really considered myself) or just fabulously organized for once.
I'll take the latter!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea I think I'm going to do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just sent out another one to the entire wedding party that had the dates for rehearsal dinner, after morning brunch, etc. Hopefully it will be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the boys appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they just think you rawk cuz you're not making them wear a monkey-suit! :)

    ReplyDelete