Well that was my lame attempt at saying "the end of my invitations" in Italian. I'm sure there are about 5 or 6 grammatical errors, but whatever! They are done and Greg is sending them out tomorrow! Yes that's right, Greg is sending them out. I have delegated the job to him for 2 reasons.
1. Like the time I had to take Gus to the vet for surgery, I had a hard time saying goodbye, so I fear this too may be the case for the invites that I have stressed over.
2. I work all weekend and won't be able to send them out until after the holiday weekend which means that I would be late for my July 4th deadline and I would like to at least make 1 of my major deadlines!
Here is the whole set. The invitation, rsvp card, stamped return rsvp envelope, and website card. All printed on my home printer and all cut on a crappy paper cutter I bought from Michaels.

I took some advice from some fellow brides and numbered the back of my RSVP cards so I would know who sent them back in case they forget to fill out there names. I asked Greg what he would put after the M________ and he had no idea and had never heard of it. So I'm hoping most people know to put there names, but if not I have the numbers.

I included a card with our website information since I included hotel information, maps, restaurants, registries, and photos on it.
Lessons I learned about invitations:
1. They suck.
2. I should have paid someone to do them for me
3. I'm glad they are done.



They look great and congrats on getting them out.
ReplyDeleteYes, invites suck - I was determined not to learn that the hard way. I loved the idea of the kits at Michael's but I don't have the patience for printer malfunctions. So you get major props.
ReplyDeleteThey look really great! I like the scroll-ey thingys.
That's a great template! the scrolling design is really nice.
ReplyDeleteInvitations totally suck- I was at a point where I was going to throw my printer across the room. They are beyond infuriating, but these are the things that make up the entire wedding experience. You learn a lot putting together a wedding:)
ReplyDeletehttp://newlymrsdee.blogspot.com/
Newlywed Blog